1) Complete the program application.
The application will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. Be prepared to provide address history for the past 20 years, and three references (personal and/ or professional) and their email address.
2) Interview with CASA staff.
Once the application is completed, CASA staff will contact you to schedule an interview to ensure you and the program staff know CASA is the right volunteer opportunity for you.
3) Successfully complete background checks.
CASA staff will initiate the background checks after initial acceptance into the program.
4) Attend and successfully complete CASA training.
Your local CASA program provides a 30-hour training. In-class and on-line options are available.
5) Attend a swearing-in ceremony at Court or you may be sworn in virtually by a judge.